Updates: Regarding Services
UPDATED AS OF 5/29/2020:
Grace to you in the name of Jesus our Lord. We as a board have decided to resume Sunday services on June 7th. The following is a bunch of info to help you understand how we are moving forward under Gov. Wolf’s yellow distinction for Lehigh County and using CDC guidelines.
We will have two services: 9am – 10am and 11am – 12pm. Doors will open at 8:30am for the first service and 10:30am for the second.
- There will be NO Sunday School or Kids services until further notice.
- We will have communion starting again in July.
- Offering will be deposited prior to seating or upon exiting inside sanctuary door at table with offering basket.
- The elderly will be encouraged to sit closer to the back of the sanctuary.
- Dismissal from the service will be in an orderly fashion with the elderly dismissed first.
- Please make use of our hand sanitizing stations.
- Please, if possible, wear a mask until you are seated and everyone else has been seated as well. As long as we are socially distanced with 6’ separation the masks can be off. Temperature scans will be done for those choosing not to wear a mask at all upon entering foyer. A temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will result in dismissal of the person and their party. I would encourage you that if you are sick please do not attend. We would ask this in normal situations as well.
- Sanctuary seating is broken into two colors: blue ribbon for odd rows and yellow ribbon for even rows. Depending upon each service’s attendance, one service people will all be seated in blue and the other in yellow. This helps in CDC guidelines of social distancing.
- Downstairs in the Sunday School/Children’s Area will be closed.
- The ushers and security workers will be playing a major role in helping us navigate all of this. Please allow them to help and guide you in all aspects of seating and dismissal. Also, if you are in need of something during the service, please raise your hand and an usher will come to you. The ushers will be checked for temperature, wearing masks and many of them gloves as well.
- The second service will be live-streamed so those of you who cannot make it and have internet capabilities can participate from home.
I understand that there will be navigational issues during the first couple weeks. I want to encourage you to be flexible and consider others as better than yourselves. I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing you June 7th!